CDisplay Ex does not generate Thumbnails for .CBR, .CBZ

CDisplay Ex does not generate Thumbnails for .CBR, .CBZ

Postby Viewerx » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:25 pm

Hi, I have had Cdisplay Ex for years and love it. I am getting a bit tired of always seeing a word balloon icon on my files. The CDisplay page said the app generates thumbnails. Is this yet another thing that Windows has ruined? Did not see them in Win 7 and do not see them in Win 10. Was there a generator for CDisplay that is gone from CDisplay Ex?

I saw one old item come up in Google that said to 'show hidden files and look for "Thumbs.db" and delete it'. I found several in Program Files(x86) but they were for a different app. In Program Files(x86)/CDisplay there is a Help button that only generates a 'This is Win 10 and you are screwed' message.

I hope that this request has not been done to death here, but, the Advanced Search throws up its hands when it sees "thumbnails".

Thanks, Viewerx
Viewerx

Re: CDisplay Ex does not generate Thumbnails for .CBR, .CBZ

Postby Henri » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:06 am

Hello,

A common mistake is to install Win32 version instead of Win64 version of the app.
I have to confess there was a bug in the OS detection on the download page related to newer version or InternetExplorer :/ It is fixed.

regards
Henri
Site Admin

Re: CDisplay Ex does not generate Thumbnails for .CBR, .CBZ

Postby Viewerx » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:02 pm

Thank you, that was it.
Viewerx

Return to General