Double-Page Fitting Bug and remember window-position

Double-Page Fitting Bug and remember window-position

Postby Riki » Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:56 pm

Hi, I recently started using the double-page mode and noticed a very distracting bug:

Sometimes the image-files don't have the same resolution (like one is half the size of the other one). In this case only the larger page resizes correctly while the smaller page is considerably smaller.

Image



I also noticed, that the window position doesn't get saved when quitting the program. So if you're usually reading manga on, lets say a secondary portrait-oriented screen the window has to be moved to the other screen every single time when launching the program.
Riki
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:36 pm

Re: Double-Page Fitting Bug and remember window-position

Postby Henri » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:23 pm

I never could decide what to do with that. Enlarge an image or reduce the other ?
The comic is clearly badly assembled and I don't think I should fix it, it is disrespectful to publish such work.

about window position, I will fix it.

regards
Henri
Site Admin
 
Posts: 304
Joined: Thu May 02, 2013 1:06 pm

Re: Double-Page Fitting Bug and remember window-position

Postby Riki » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:17 pm

The problem is, that scans often aren't avaliable in the best quality so translators/editors have to use what they get - For example they got 90% high res scans and the other 10% are smaller res. So they mix the resolutions sometimes - They most likely do not mix up the resolutions for fun. This happens often in my archives, so that's why I think it'd be a good decision to add automatic resizing for each individual page on double page mode, since in the current state alternating between single and doublepage mode is necessary :|

Cheers
Riki
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:36 pm

Re: Double-Page Fitting Bug and remember window-position

Postby Henri » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:24 am

ok, I will resize smaller image to fit the bigger height
Henri
Site Admin
 
Posts: 304
Joined: Thu May 02, 2013 1:06 pm

Re: Double-Page Fitting Bug and remember window-position

Postby Henri » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:38 pm

fixed in 1.10.9
Henri
Site Admin
 
Posts: 304
Joined: Thu May 02, 2013 1:06 pm

Re: Double-Page Fitting Bug and remember window-position

Postby Riki » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:30 pm

Thank you so much for adding this feature - It made the best comic reader out there even better (-:
Riki
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:36 pm

Re: Double-Page Fitting Bug and remember window-position

Postby Henri » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:02 pm

Thank you too for the kind words :)
Henri
Site Admin
 
Posts: 304
Joined: Thu May 02, 2013 1:06 pm


Return to Report Bugs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron