Cover and One page forward not working well

Cover and One page forward not working well

Postby Nomado » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:46 pm

Okay, maybe I'm just comparing it to the original CDisplay, but I think it's kind of lagging too.
So, the thing is, (this one already was mentioned on the forums I think) sometimes you have a cover or two covers or some ads, so it just messes with your double-page order pretty often, so to shift your double page one page either way you could just enable and disable your "cover" for double-page, technically that should immediately put your order exactly one page further and that can fix your order at times. But the weird thing is that sometimes it works and sometimes it's not. Like, I can click to disable "cover" option and it doesn't do a thing, it still displays only one page (not wide, just regular cover) at the start and nothing shifts nowhere, and sometimes it works. That's weird. But that's only one problem and I understand that it's just a workaround and you made a one page forward feature for these occasions.
BUT that works weirdly too. You see, I was satisfied with original cdisplay double page and how it handled one-page-forward (well it wasn't the most convenient, but it worked, and if you hotkey that you can get used to fixing these things fast), but no offense, your similar feature just doesn't work right (or so I think), but I'll just cut to the chase: when I try to use one-page-forward in double page it's only for fixing the order, I'm really not comfortable with pressing it twice when I'm already in so-called book-mode, it's not natural, so it's solely for order-fixing purposes in my case. And when I try to use it, it forces me to use it till the end of the issue or till the "auto-fixing-the-order" double-scanned-page, all of this is because in original cdisplay when I used single-page-forward I could enable it, do only one page forward, disable it, it will stay just where it is and I can continue with doubles in perfect order. But when I use yours, most of the time when I disable "one-page-forward" it jumps back, it seems to be TRYING to be smart and auto-correct the order for me or something, when nullifying my struggles to really fix it, so it's of no use to me, because you either need to use single-page-forward all the time then, or not use it at all, because when you will disable it, it will return you at "not-in-order" state.

TL;DR: "One-Page Forward" feature doesn't hold pages after disabling, it jumps to whatever double-page order was originally counted. That is inconvenient for order-fixing.
sorry for a wall of text, I'm a bit too detailed and maybe literal in my bug-reporting.

P.S. also I remembered one more bug with these features, that is when I try to give these features a hotkey it works even worse, even less stable or can just not work at all, that mostly is about one-page-forward stuff, hotkeying that one is really doesn't work good.
Last edited by Nomado on Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nomado

Re: Cover and One page forward not working well

Postby Nomado » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:47 am

This one is still an issue as well.
Nomado

Postby Henri » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:16 pm

As non english speacker, it is very hard for me to understand the problem you have.
Could you please show me a simple example, where it fail ?.

thanks
Henri
Site Admin

Postby Nomado » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:34 am

Okay sure no problem :)
The problem behaves like this:
For example I have a comic and I read it and it seems ok, I always read them in two-page mode, but let's say at pages 5-6 I see that page 6 is a part of a double-page, so it MUST be together with page 7 to make sense. (that means my page viewing order is a little bit screwed). so then I think: yeah I have a "single page forward" mode, I can fix the order and if any more doubles appear it will be properly displayed. Meaning I try and make it so I won't see pages 5-6 and 7-8 together but I shift them and read a comic in pairs like pages 6-7 then 8-9. In the original cdisplay I could fix these things with turning a single page and going in double mode again. When I do it in CDisplayEX it doesn't work right. So to fix it (I still see 5-6 together, when I want to see 6-7 together) I turn my "single page forward" mode and turn one page, now the grouping of the pages is right (I see 6-7 pages together), but I want to turn 2 pages at once so I turn off the single page mode, but right after I turn the single page mode off the program RETURNS ME (this is the main problem) to my pages 5-6 viewing, so my doubles are broken again. I have two options in these cases: either I watch the comic in one-page-forward mode until the end, flipping one page at a turn (which is inconvenient and weird for a book-view mode) or enjoy my split doubles if they aren't scanned as one picture. In original CDisplay when I turned single-page mode and turned one page (as far as I remember) then disabled single-page mode whatever I flipped stayed put, it didnt jump back and forth when I turned single or double page forward modes on and off.
P.S. non-native speaker here too :) tell me if I need to explain something simpler :P
Nomado

Postby Henri » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:58 am

Ok I understand your problem.
Did you try to activate/desactivate the cover mode ?,
doing that it will change how double pages are assembled.
But it will not work if you have a landscape page in the middle of the book.
Henri
Site Admin

Postby Nomado » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:54 am

Yeah, cover mode sometimes works and sometimes it doesn't. Maybe it was because of the landscapes, because I already tried fixing it that way too. But often it doesn't help and I'd prefer Cover mode On at all times and when I have to fix things to do it with single-page trick. It's easy to forget to turn on or off things like cover mode, otherwise I can just bind a hotkey for a single-page mode and get used to fixing things pretty fast.
Although I just figured why my Cover hotkey wasn't working and it's a little bit better, but it still isn't better than single page mode just sticking to pages and not flipping pages back.
Nomado

Postby Henri » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:28 am

I think to add a "split" function to prevent two pages to merge.
What do you think ?
Henri
Site Admin

Postby adamml » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:50 pm

I THINK, that I have a problem. I just upgraded from 1.9.6 to 1.10.6. In 1.9.6, I could press (CTRL + O) and open up a folder that way (it would also open all sub-folders). Now, in 1.10.6, Whenever I try to open a volume (with sub-folders) that way it comes up with, "Error when loading file *filepath*". I can still open files by going to the folder and hitting (CTRL + A) to select all of the images to load at once, but of course, I can only view one sub-folder's files at a time this way. Please help, and thank you. 8-)
adamml

Postby Henri » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:53 am

I will add a folder recursion limit
Henri
Site Admin

Postby Nomado » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:37 am

"Split" would be like breaking double-scanned pictured in two? I don't think it's totally a bad option, but I wouldn't be using it, I like my double-pages.
Is it hard to just find that place where it commands to restore the previous order when "single page" mode is turned off and just make it stick to the changes?
Theoretically I think it's not hard to do, probably have to change something in "two-pages-forward" mode though so it won't always count pages in a modifier of 2 in that mode.
Nomado

Next

Return to Report Bugs