Could we get game controller support Please!

Could we get game controller support Please!

Postby DOS76 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:29 pm

I'm currently into the application called LaunchBox which is basically a frontend for gaming it handles both modern PC games along with any and all emulators that you throw at it basically it will launch anything you can imagine .exe .bat it will launch anything but it will only scrape and get media for video games (Arcade, Console, Computer, Handheld). So basically your probably like what the hell does this have to do with a comic book reader having gamepad support. The database and scraper that they use gets manuals for the games in pdf format and if you use CDisplayEX as your default pdf reader then you can have the manuals pop up from with inside the application the only issue is that once they are open you can't navigate through the manual with the controller. I could probably use XPadder to fix this issue but it would be nice to see something like this built into the native controls. If you used RetroArch as a model for controller support you could enable hotkey controls where when you hold in a certain key your other keys could will do an alternative actions leaving many of the options being able to be mapped to the controller by the user. I haven't looked to see if there has been any updates lately and I'm not even sure if the application is still in development but if so this would be a great addition
Here is a link to the BigBox video its a premium part of LaunchBox but it is stunning looking. https://youtu.be/DiEzfvb2E7w
DOS76

Return to Feature Requests