Fit to screen large images only

Fit to screen large images only

Postby Kelly » Fri May 23, 2014 11:30 am

I miss this feature. When I'm browsing an archive that contains images of different sizes I don't want that the program upscales the small images to fit my screen, only the images that are bigger than my screen should be scaled down to fit; the rest should be displayed in their original size. So I think this feature is needed, I hope it can be implemented.
Kelly

Re: Fit to screen large images only

Postby Henri » Fri May 23, 2014 1:04 pm

Options > Fit Portrait > Over Width + Over Height
Options > Fit Landscape > Over Width + Over Height
Henri
Site Admin

Postby Kelly » Fri May 23, 2014 2:26 pm

Yes well, I will elaborate my issue a bit more. I use that workaround you posted, but this is not a perfect solution because if I am viewing a large image fitted to the screen and I want to see it in its full size then the option zoom 100% does not work so the only way is to uncheck the right fit over height/width option, but this is too complitaced even with hotkeys, because you would have 4 different hotkeys depending on the image size/aspect.

With my suggested "Fit to screen large images only" option enabled, you simply browse around your images and if you want to see one of the large images in full size you just press the hotkey to disable that option and you are done. Then you can press that same hotkey to continue browsing.

I think a good solution would be to add a submenu inside the "Fit to screen" option, something like this:

Fit to screen > { All images } (this is how it works actually)
{ Large images only }

(Maybe even some more options can be added there if people request them.)

Another workaround could be fixing the zoom so that it is referred to the real size of the image instead of to the size of the fitted image, then using the hot key for zoom 100% would work, I think.

Anyway, I find the actual fit and zoom options a bit complicated and not very user friendly, so I'm just suggesting a way to improve their functionality and make them more clear and easy to use. But of course that is my opinion, and maybe even I'm missing something, sorry if that's the case.
Kelly

Postby Henri » Thu May 29, 2014 1:05 pm

Hi,

In the next release, the fit to screen option will be configurable
in the same manner you can already configure portrait and landscape modes.

Thanks
Henri
Site Admin

Postby Henri » Thu May 29, 2014 8:29 pm

done in 1.10.17
Henri
Site Admin

Postby Kelly » Sat May 31, 2014 10:06 pm

That was a nice and fast fix!! very well done Henri, thank you very much!! :D
Kelly