Scroll the page

Scroll the page

Postby pipiripau » Sat May 04, 2013 6:46 pm

It's there a way to configure the scroll actions to just scroll the page and not turn to the next page when near the bottom or top?
pipiripau

Re: Scroll the page

Postby Henri » Sat May 04, 2013 8:15 pm

Not yet, I am aware this behavior can be annoying.
But I think the problem is you don't really know you are at the bottom of the page.
So when it display the next page you think it is an error.
But you will probably don't try to scroll if you know the scrolling is already at the bottom. If you display the scrollbar (B) I am sure you will not try to scroll when it is not needed.

I have some ideas around this problem
- display page number when bottom is reached.
- display scrollbars with transparancy when scrolling (disappear 1sec after).
- add border around the page.
- simply add an option do disable this feature.
Henri
Site Admin

Postby tomeko » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:53 pm

Scrolling is the most important drawback of CDisplayEx to me when comparing with CDisplay. With CDisplay scrolling visibly stops when page is about to switch (one or two scroll events are ignored - might be configurable) and accidental unintended page switching is unlikely.
tomeko

Postby koesherbacon » Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:35 am

Has this feature been added yet? It's extremely irritating to skip to the next page when I'm just trying to scroll to the bottom of my current one. I like all the other features of this app, however my annoyance of this feature makes me use alternate ones. I'd really like to use CDisplay, but this is just really frustrating to me.

Thanks a lot!
koesherbacon

Postby Henri » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:50 am

It is explained in the FAQ,

There is an option to control this behaviour, it is located in "Options > Configure > Other". His name is "Scrolling attempts before changing page".
By default it is set to 0 so it will change page immediately after a scroll, if you set the value to 1 it will not change the page immediately, it will do it the next time.
But if you want to deactivate this feature, just set the value to a big number.

Hope it was helpful
Henri
Site Admin

Return to Feature Requests