Loading Next/Previous Files

Loading Next/Previous Files

Postby anim4niac » Sun May 12, 2013 10:51 am

I'm a long time CDisplay user and am trying to make the switch over to CDisplayEX

However I have found that EX does not search folders for more possible files to load and is automatic loading is confined to a single folder

While using the original CDisplay, using the load next(or previous) function would search the next possible folder for a relevant archive or pictures

e.g

E:\Genre\Artist 1\Book Name\xxxxxx.rar
E:\Genre\Artist 2\Book Name\yyyyy.rar

By using the load next I would automatically go from file xxxxx to file yyyyy in another folder and continue my reading spree.

I have not been able to do the same in EX, am I missing something? I am very particular about my folder archives and this function makes it much easier to browse through.
If this is not possible yet for EX I hope that it can be implemented (the only thing stopping me from moving, the rest of EX looks very well taken care of)

anim4niac

Re: Loading Next/Previous Files

Postby Henri » Mon May 13, 2013 8:32 pm

Actually CDisplayEx only search in the same folder.
I will improve the search algorithm.

thanks
Henri
Site Admin

Postby anim4niac » Tue May 21, 2013 8:20 pm

Great to know that it's in the works :)
anim4niac

Postby eponymous » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:59 pm

It's been three years since this feature was brought up, and it's still not in the current version of CDisplayEx. I would also find this feature really helpful!

I realize it's probably not a priority, because we can still manually load the next comic, but is there any update on when you'll be able to work on including a way for loading the next comic to look outside the current directory, either when using the "load next" command or using the automatic loading feature?
eponymous

Return to General